Assetricity, LLC is a boutique consulting firm with senior subject matter experts deeply engaged in leading industry and international standardization activities focused on enabling more sustainable IT solutions to support more sustainable industrial productivity, with a focus on Physical Asset Life-cycle Management. Collectively, these industry requirements driven standards are being used to enable a fundamental paradigm shift from traditional Systems Integration to System of Systems Interoperability. This standards-based approach to interoperability reduces the risks and costs associated with traditional systems integration methods, while also enabling more flexible solutions, where individual solutions component suppliers assume responsibility for maintaining standardized adapters for their own components as part of an open industrial ecosystem, the OGI Ecosystem.
Assetricity is also deeply engaged with leading the Oil and Gas Interoperability (OGI) Pilot, which is a joint activity of MIMOSA and POSC Caesar Association. The OGI Pilot incorporates full Life-cycle Information Management along with System of Systems Interoperability, as it establishes the OGI Ecosystem, which is fully defined by published, supplier-neutral standards, specifications and conventions. The OGI Pilot is driven by prioritized industry "fully dressed use cases" (OGI Use Cases), which are defined all the way to the required, standardized services. The OGI Pilot provides a practical proving grounds, where the basis for System of Systems Interoperability can be established and validated at scale, against specific industry defined data sets, which are created and managed by EPC firms and validated by Owner/Operators.
The OGI Pilot, along with the associated ISO OGI Technical Specification is a great example of how Assetricity's broad based knowledge of applicable standards and industry practices are needed to gain practical business value from what are otherwise seemingly disparate technical standards activities. Assetricity consulting activities are fully dedicated to helping our clients gain practical, risk managed benefits of standards, as they deploy direct derivatives of the previously validated OGI Use Cases within their own IT environments. Our consultants currently hold the following positions in standards bodies and industry solutions activities:
- Convenor of ISO Technical Committee 184 / Working Group 6 (OGI Technical Specification)
- OGI Pilot Program Manager
- Convenor of ISO Technical Committee 108 / Subcommittee 5 / Working Group 6 (Condition monitoring and diagnostics of machines: Formats and methods for processing, communicating, and presenting relevant information and data)
- Chair of ANSI Accredited Standards Committee S2 / Working Group 10 / Panel 5 (Condition monitoring and diagnostics of machines: Data processing, communication, & presentation)
- Member of ISO Technical Committee 184 / Subcommittee 5 / Working Group 7 (Diagnostics & Maintenance Application Integration) and Liaison to OPC/ISA-SP95/MIMOSA Joint Working Group
- ISO TC184 Liaison to ISO TC108
- ISO TC108 SC5 Liaison to ISO TC184 SC4
- OPC/ISA-SP95/MIMOSA Joint Working Group Member
- MIMOSA President
- MIMOSA Chief Technical Officer
- National Institute of Building Sciences Facilities Maintenance and Operations Council (FMOC) Member
In addition to the above standards roles, the Assetricity General Manager also services as the Chair of the OpenO&M™ Initiative. We have experience in all aspects of industrial systems development, information architectures, information standards, systems analysis, systems integration, strategic product development, and business analysis.
Assetricity provides specialized training and strategic consulting services to our clients. We focus on giving our clients the information and services they need to rapidly and cost-effectively leverage the key open standards for integrating O&M, Engineering and Asset Lifecycle Management into the Enterprise.